Expedia, Google Flights, Travelocity, Kayak. The list goes on and on. In today’s modern world of internet accessibility, you will find no shortage of websites stating that they will find and offer you the best deals on travel. Are the days of sitting in front of a travel agent, discussing your vacation ideas really a thing of the past? They shouldn’t be and here’s why.
- They can save you money. In most cases, travel agents have access to information about rates and routes that the average consumer might not have. Agents generally receive information and access to promotions directly from resorts, cruise lines and other travel providers that aren’t available to the general public.
- They will save you time and possibly your sanity. Sometimes, spending hours on the computer searching for the best travel deals gets you results and other times, it just leads to frustration. When you work with a travel agent, he or she does the legwork, searching out the travel options that best meet your needs and budget.
- Travel assistance can be huge! You’re en route for your Caribbean cruise when a snowstorm in Denver delays your flight to Miami. If you booked your travel through an agent, you can call them to get assistance with rebooking your travel arrangements.
- Perks are always nice. Whether it’s a room upgrade, a fee waiver or even reservations for a nearly-impossible-to-book tour, travel agents can often get perks added for you. They can also get you the “VIP status” for special occasions. If you are planning a trip for an anniversary or a marriage proposal, a travel agent has access to the resources and people who can help you plan the perfect event.
- Travel recommendations when you just don’t know. Not sure which cruise line is best for you or where you want to go? Maybe you want to take the kids to Disney World, but you’re having trouble navigating the endless array of ticket and package options. What sights should you see and which ones should you skip on your European trek? A travel agent can help. Their insight and knowledge in these situations can be invaluable.
- They help you have a better destination experience. Travel agents have inside information on the best times to go to crowded destinations. They sometimes even know what the new “it” destinations are going to be before the masses. Want to get there first? Use a travel agent.
Whether they are saving you time and money or getting you those extra perks, you can’t go wrong with booking your next vacation through a travel agent.